02/05/07

too weak to bear these hands and lips of mine

My life is bitter with thy love; thine eyes
Blind me […]
Why wilt thou follow lesser loves? are thine
Too weak to bear these hands and lips of mine?
I charge thee for my life's sake, O too sweet
To crush love with thy cruel faultless feet,
I charge thee keep thy lips from hers or his,
Sweetest, till theirs be sweeter than my kiss:
[…]I would my love could kill thee; […]
I would earth had thy body as fruit to eat,
And no mouth but some serpent's found thee sweet.
[…] Yea, all thy beauty sickens me with love;
[…]Ah, ah, thy beauty! like a beast it bites,
Stings like an adder, like an arrow smites.

da Algernon Charles Swinburne, Anactoria (1866)

alla persona più bella e crudele che conosca...

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

am I cruel?
volumnia fox